2017-18 VJBL Coaching Positions
Blackburn Vikings are calling for Expressions of Interest for coaching and assistant coaching positions for Under 12 – 20 for both Boys and Girls teams for the 2017-18 Victorian Junior Basketball League (VJBL) Season.
In 2017 the Blackburn Vikings fielded a record 31 teams competing in the VJBL, including 4 teams successfully competing in Victorian Junior Championships. The club was named VJBL Medium Association of the Year in 2016-17. The club is anticipating further growth in 2018. The club boasts excellent development pathways including junior development programs, VJBL, Big V, Youth League and annual USA tours.
Interested coaches need to meet the following criteria:
– Attendance at selection try outs in October 2017
– Weekly attendance at training sessions and games
– Regular attendance at coaches meetings
– Attendance at club sanctioned tournaments
– NCAS Level 1 or Club Coach Accreditation or intention to complete the course
– Working with Children Check and VJBL Statutory Declaration
– Adherence to the Basketball Victoria Coaches Code of Conduct
– Support of club philosophies and values
The club is also seeking to appoint assistant coaches for coaches that have aspirations to coach in the future.
Applicants need to submit completed Expression of Interest form by Friday, September 1st, 2017. To download an Expression of Interest Form please click here.
Please send completed Expressions of Interest or for further information please contact:
PO Box 1343
Blackburn North 3130
Phone: 0431 559 893