Blackburn Vikings 2018-19 Junior Representative Coaching Applications
The Blackburn Vikings Basketball Association are seeking Expressions of Interest for Coaches and Assistant Coaches for both boys and girls teams in Under 12 – 21 for the 2018-19 Victorian Junior Basketball League (VJBL) Season.
In 2017-18 the Blackburn Vikings fielded a record 31 teams competing in the VJBL, including 2 teams successfully competing in Victorian Junior Championships. The club boasts excellent development pathways including junior development programs, Domestic, VJBL, Big V, Youth League and USA tours.
Interested coaches need to meet the following criteria:
▪ Attendance at selection try outs in October 2018
▪ Weekly attendance at training sessions and games
▪ Regular attendance at Coach’s meetings
▪ Attendance at club sanctioned tournaments
▪ NCAS Level 1 or Club Coach Accreditation or intention to complete the course
▪ Working with Children Check and VJBL Statutory Declaration
▪ Adherence to the Basketball Victoria Coaches Code of Conduct
▪ Support of club philosophies and values
The club is also seeking to appoint assistant coaches for those that aspire to coach in the future.
If you are looking to be part of a progressive, growing club, please click here to complete the Expression of Interest application and we will be in touch in due course. Please Note: Applications close Monday 13th August, 2018.
For more information please contact:
Director of Coaching
P: 0466 261 068